OverDRIVE Service Level Agreement
Our standard helpdesk service is available 24*7 to any organisation taking a trial or which has an OverDRIVE subscription. We’ll respond to tickets during our regular business hours but wherever possible, we’ll respond to critical issues outside these hours.
We request that you use reasonable endeavours to resolve issues before escalating them to our helpdesk. Also, please raise any tickets through your nominated administrator or deputy.
The easiest way to raise a ticket is to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our standard support service does not include telephone support but we may call you in order to expedite the resolution of an issue.
All reported issues are logged on our support portal and tracked through to conclusion.
Please note that we may request that customer staff undertake training in order to reduce the volume of support tickets.
Our helpdesk service does not include resolving issues that are beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to G Suite performance and any hardware or third party software that you use.
Platforms and hosting
We use leading providers to host our sites, applications and services, including Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure.
Sites benefit from the world-class security and availability of the Google and Microsoft infrastructures. We expect 99% or greater availability and take prompt action to resolve issues with these platforms.
Temporary suspension of service
Access to OverDRIVE may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair, failures in the underlying Google services or for reasons beyond our control.
Wherever possible, we’ll notify customers in advance of planned maintenance which may involve a suspension of service.
We take a daily backup of each OverDRIVE site but not the data or content from Google. If you require a cloud backup service for your Google data and content, we recommend Backupify or Spanning. Please enquire if you need further information.
OverDRIVE bug fixes, updates and enhancements are provided without charge through our support service. Wherever possible we’ll provide advance notice of any changes.
In order to provide the best possible service we request that:
- Issues are reported through a nominated administrator or deputy to your OverDRIVE partner or if you don’t have a partner, direct to us.
- Issues are reported in a standard format, using email or a web form wherever possible.
- Detailed information is provided wherever possible, including screenshots.
- The level of urgency is specified.
- Acknowledge a reported issue within 3 working hours and provide a tracking reference number.
- Resolve issues on a priority basis.
- Wherever possible resolve or at least respond to very urgent or business critical issues within 2 working hours.
- On request, indicate the likely timescale for resolution.
- Provide a regular update on progress.
We reserve the right to amend this SLA without advanced notice although wherever possible we’ll tell you about any changes at least 30 days prior to the change.